Thursday, December 16, 2010

2011 Resolution

What's your new years resolution? If you're anything like me your list will look something like this:
Lose Weight.
Save Money.
Help around the house more often.
Go for a walk everyday.
Work less.
My resolution usually last about 2 weeks before they've all managed to be broken. Especially the 1st two :(. I've been trying to lose weight... trust me, but I can never keep it off. I'll lose 10-20 lbs here and there, but gain it back pretty quickly. So why am I here today?
I want to make a real resoultion and stick to it.
Who am I?
Hi. My name is Daniel Farina though my friends call me Danny. I actually get called Danger a lot too, because well... Danger is my middle name. I am a newly wed, here take a look at this pic:
Cute huh? Yes, I know my wife is beautiful. I am a lucky man. Enough about her, we're here to talk about me and why I'm here.
The Goal:
I currently weigh 270 lbs!
Things that weigh close 270 lbs:
36 newborn babies!
1 baby elephant!
32 gallons of water!
6 45lbs weights on a bench press (without the bar).
5 45lbs weights on a bench press (with the bar)
Lebron James (250 lbs) 6'8"
Brian Urlacher (260 lbs) 6'4"
Me (270 lbs) 5'8"
Unless I plan on joining an Elephant parade or grow 12 inches and learn to shoot some three pointers, I don't think this weight is a good thing.
So my current goal is to shed some of those babies and get down to about 200 lbs. That sounds reasonable for now.
Come New Years Day I will begin monitoring my eating and workout habits and sharing them with you. If I workout on a treadmill, elliptical, eat at McDonalds you will know about it. I believe that Weight Watchers (which I have tried more than once) has it right. If you write down everything you eat and have a food journal, you're bound to notice what you are eating and stop snacking on junk food etc. Let's hope this works.
I'll be posting more specific goals like going viral with pictures and reasons on why I am doing this in the near future so be sure to check back!
Good to meet you.
Danger

No comments:

Post a Comment